View the Phil Collins' Alamo Diorama Light & Sound Show
This should be your first stop when visiting the Alamo! Watch and listen as rock star Phil Collins narrates the twelve minute presentation of the Battle of the Alamo. Visit History Shop of San Antonio on TripAdvisor to see reviews made by other visitors to our shop!
Treat yourself to learning more about the Alamo and the battle against General Jose Lopez de Santa Anna.
Monday-Sundays 10:00a.m. - 5:30p.m.
Admission to the Diorama:
Children 12 and under and military in uniform FREE.
Come and visit our Alamo Diorama and see the Alamo mission walls, buildings and
defenses as they were before the famous battle took place in 1836.
How to Visit The Alamo Diorama
"The History Shop's diorama is a great way to learn about the Battle of the Alamo.
We highly recommend it to all our visitors."
Dr. Bruce Winders
Alamo Curator & Historian
6 STEPS FOR EXPERIENCING
1. SEE THE ALAMO DIORAMA WITH LIGHT AND SOUND, AT THE HISTORY SHOP. IT
EXPLAINS DETAILS OF TEXIAN DEFENDERS POSITIONS AGAINST THE ATTACKING MEXICAN
ARMY.... NOW YOU WILL HAVE AN IDEA OF THE TRUE SIZE OF THE ALAMO COMPOUND.
Narration by Phil Collins.
2. STEP BACK IN TIME: SEE THE WALL OF HISTORY, SHOWING THE DEVELOPMENT OF TEXAS FROM 1500S TO 1900S.
3. LISTEN TO THE HISTORY TALK ON TEXAS & ALAMO HISTORY: CHECK AT SRINE DESK FOR SCHEDULE.
4. ENTER THE LONG BARRACK: SEE HISTORY UNFOLD THROUGH THE EXHIBITS AND MOVIE.
5. ENTER THE ALAMO CHURCH: MADE FAMOUS BY THE 1836 BATTLE.
6. THE ALAMO GIFT SHOP MUSEUM: SEE MORE HISTORIC EXHIBITS OR BUY A SOUVENIR.
Spectators at the Diorama watching and listening to the audio & light show.
Cheryl And Sam Nesmith Director of The Texas Museum of Military History
Part of an Alamo Battle site excavation at The History Shop.
Alamo cannon expert and conservationist Rick Range getting a look at a Bronze Mexican Howitzer.